Position at SESI Schools Now Hiring for the 2022-2023 School Year
Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary range of $16.00-$19.00/hour
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Assistant Teacher will be responsible for working with one or more students and the teacher to deliver individualized services and supports. They will monitor student behavior, track educational progress, and communicate with parents. Additionally, they will help reinforce the curriculum provided by the teacher. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we're looking to hire an exceptional team member who will play an essential role in fueling student success. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Work with students to reinforce learning of material or skill initially introduced by the teacher by assigning appropriate tasks, completing one-on-one tutorials, and implementing the SESI rotation model
- Assist the Teacher with large group activities, correcting papers, supervising testing, guiding independent study or enrichment activities, providing accommodations and modifications as necessary
- Utilize behavior support and intervention strategies
- Implement de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint if necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Support and document students' growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- High School Diploma required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
The High Road School of Cecil County is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we're looking to hire an exceptional Paraprofessional who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom , is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.