Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 55 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.Job Description
The Talent Recruiteris responsible for leading and executing selection work for all instructional and school-based operations hiring across all Rochester Prep schools. They will ensure a strong candidate and leader experience by managing candidate communications and school leader relationships from initial application through the offer process.Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages candidate relationships from recruitment through the application process, and enthusiastically communicates the benefits of working at Uncommon. Cares deeply about and can articulate a thorough understanding of Uncommon's mission and schools (our Rochester Region in particular).
- Manages school leader relationships and collaborates with ACOOs and ASUPs to lead regional hiring, and to assess short and long-term talent needs and trends.
- Assesses all candidates via application review and screening; identifies and engages with strong candidates whose experience aligns with the needs of the role and our schools.
- Partners with school leaders to coordinate and run interview processes (in-person and virtual) with the goal of driving the selection process and ensuring candidates stay engaged and move through the application process efficiently.
- Ensures accurate data in all of our recruitment systems; analyzes data to identify and address trends in real time and refine outreach and selection strategies as needed.
- Collaborates with Outreach Team regional partners to brainstorm effective strategies for attracting quality candidates to Uncommon; supports Outreach events as needed (career fairs, webinars, etc).
- Collaborates with the Recruitment Team to continue to strengthen our hiring systems/processes, and to support hiring across Uncommon as needed.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Passionate dedication to the mission of Uncommon Schools, and drive to build a high quality, diverse workforce at Uncommon to better serve our students, families, and communities.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-through; a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently and lead projects from start to finish.
- Outstanding problem-solving and critical thinking skills and desire to use data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and incorporate feedback in a dynamic and ambitious environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills particularly when communicating withsenior leaders.
- Ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency.
- Ability to inspire top educators to join staff of Uncommon schools.
- Experience with Recruitment Technology Systems
- Experience with recruitment, customer management, and/or project management
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of work experience required
- Experience working in Recruitment within a high-performing organization and competitive talent market preferred
- Required to work from schools regularly - setting up spaces, potentially moving furniture, setting up food for candidates (and cleaning up after)
- When carrying only swag will be required to use public transportation.
- Set up for events in schools (requires some moving of furniture)
- Note: We are currently conducting all interviews remotely due to COVID but are expected to enter school buildings for work with hiring managers.
- Local - meaning the role moves between schools or buildings regularly - will be in schools 1-2 times per week (though we are currently running all interviews remotely due to COVID until further notice).
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon Schools believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.