(Contingent upon funding) - CBH position - full-time permanent teaching position beginning at the start of the 2022/2023 school year.
Resume and cover letter required.
***Accommodations for virtual interviews will be made during this hiring season, please apply***Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, plans and provides for English as a Second Language instruction to students who have been identified as in need of ESL support by the district's language dominance entry/exit criteria.
Additionally, ESL Teacher will:
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE RIDE Requirements
- Accelerates the learning or acquisition of English and the academic content of math, language arts, science, and social studies in order for students to achieve academic success and classroom expectations.
- Implements all district ELL procedures. Serves as a resource for information regarding students from other language backgrounds.
Secondary English 7-12 with ESL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information
- instruct students in academic subject matter as well as social, emotional, and behavioral skill areas
- differentiate instruction by developing, selecting and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students
- promote a school atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of all students
- monitor and evaluate student outcomes maintaining appropriate records and following all required procedures and practices
- participate fully in a professional community including common planning, professional development, and self-reflection/evaluation
- supervise students in a range of settings; protects and promotes the safety and well-being of students, colleagues, equipment, materials and facilities
- communicate and interact appropriately and professionally with students, colleagues, parents and the community
- continuously develop and evolve teaching practice and support colleagues in their development
- support the Principal, building leadership team, and district leadership team
- understand, support, and promote the mission and vision of Providence Schools (available at http://www.providenceschools.org/pages/ProvidenceSchools/AboutUs/VisionandMission
- Fully-certified as described above in "RIDE requirements" or willingness to become fully certified including on an emergency basis if necessary (fully-certified strongly preferred)
- Understanding of and willingness to work within the framework of an Aligned Instruction System as described in Providence School Board policy NSBA/NEPN: IF (available under "Policies and Regs" at http://www1.providenceschools.org/pesb/
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
- Excellent technology skills including
- familiarity with communication, presentation, and data management tools and applications in desktop, web-based, and mobile environments
- willingness and ability to model information, communication, technology, and media literacy for students, colleagues, parents, and community
- willingness and ability to continuously develop and evolve new skills and support colleagues in the development of their skills
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).