This position is 8 hours per day, 211 paid days per year (including holidays), and is Non-Represented, Classified/Exempt.
The Health Services Coordinator, supports the Chehalis School District's mission to protect the health, wellness and safety of students and staff by providing professional and technical clinical nursing expertise to include, but not be limited to: health education, direct service to students and staff and students, and collaboration with student families, collaborate with Public Health agencies and departments, and medical/dental/community resources and liaisons. Performance Responsibilities:
Supervisory, Collaborative and Facilitation, etc.
- Supervise and evaluate all District nursing staff
- Coordinate all health and nursing services District-wide
- Serve as direct liaison with District Administrative Cabinet
- Serve as liaison with Local, State and Federal Health Departments
- Provide health education through the development of student and staff trainings, establish first aid and CPR training for administrators and applicable district staff
- Assess the physical and emotional health of students as related to the educational process and within the scope of the school nurse practice; initiate referrals for further diagnosis and treatment of identified health needs; communicate health concerns that may impact learning to appropriate staff with parent and/or student consent
- Establish and implement record keeping procedures, including confidential health records
- Establish procedures and develop emergency care plans for students with life-threatening medical conditions, acute or chronic conditions, students with health concerns and/or requiring nursing treatments or care, including training of unlicensed staff in the care of said students, etc.
- Update District policies and procedures as related to health services
- Establish procedures for emergency first aid treatment for student illness & injury occurring in school or while the student is under jurisdiction of the school
- Establish, implement & update annually the oral medication policy, which includes training and supervision of oral medication administration
- Train and supervise non-nurse school staff in the provision of nursing services and procedures that can by law be delegated to unlicensed school personnel; i.e. oral medication administration, intermittent catheterization, etc.
- Manage annual district schedule to complete state mandated programs including vision and hearing screening, etc.
- Manage state immunization program in schools as mandated by the Department of Health
- Provide nursing consultation in communicable disease control and serve as liaison between the District and the local health department
- Maintain knowledge of current laws and regulations pertaining to nursing, health care, and public health as it relates to school health in particular
- Consult with RNs, LPNs, school district staff, school district administrative staff, parents, other school districts and the public regarding health issues affecting students in schools
- Research and evaluate current and new programs
- Participate as a nurse consultant at school meetings (MDT/SAT) to assess student health status, interpret medical records and make recommendations for IEP programs
- Consult and assist with in-service programs for teachers, administrators and classified staff
- Attend pertinent workshops, conferences or training sessions in order to keep up with the school nursing "Standard of Practice"
- Maintain inventory and ordering of first aid equipment and supplies required by district and state/federal requirements
- Perform a variety of duties and multiple tasks without hesitation when dealing with the safety of students
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Consistently deals with people in a courteous and professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Employment with the Chehalis School District is currently subject to Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.1 regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements and related exemptions therefrom. Other Job Type (if applicable) :
Health Services Coordinator Salary Rate Range :
$79, 200-$88, 000 annual salary Additional Job Information :
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
-- Knowledge of applicable Washington State and federal rules and regulations
-- Ability to care for acute and chronic health conditions, and to assess student medical needs
-- Knowledge of communicable diseases and immunization requirements
-- Knowledge of health and wellness issues including but not limited to nutrition, exercise, good health habits, and human growth and development
-- Knowledge of and commitment to each pupil, taking into consideration individual background and characteristics
-- Ability to educate others about health requirements and public health implications
-- Ability to operate a computer and learn the operation of specific software programs
-- Skill in organization and time management
-- Ability to maintain accurate records
-- Ability to make judgments and decisions quickly and accurately on-the-spot
-- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergency, critical and unusual situations. Ability to work under stress or tension as a regular, consistent part of the job
-- Ability to work independently
-- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written formats with a variety of constituents
-- Ability to interact positively and effectively with parents, students, staff, and administrators
-- Ability to work cooperatively with other professionals in a team setting
-- Ability to maintain confidentiality
-- Knowledge of curriculum, education code, district policies
-- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedules and deadlines. Significant physical abilities may include lifting/carrying 25 lbs, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation/field of vision
Chehalis School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Chehalis School District offers classes in many career and technical education (CTE) program areas, including Agriculture, Business and Marketing, Family and Consumer Sciences, Skilled and Technical Sciences, Health Sciences and STEM. Lack of English language proficiency will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs.
The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
El Distrito Escolar de Chehalis no discrimina en ningún programa o actividad por sexo, raza, credo, religión, color, origen nacional, edad, estado veterano o militar, orientación sexual, expresión o identidad de género, discapacidad o el uso de un Guía de perros entrenados o un animal de servicio y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados.
El Distrito Escolar de Chehalis ofrece clases en varias áreas con programas de educación vocacional y técnica (CTE), incluyendo Agricultura, Negocios y Mercadotecnia, Ciencias de la Familia y del Consumidor, Ciencias Técnicas y Calificadas, Ciencias de la Salud y STEM. La falta de dominio del idioma inglés no será una barrera para la admisión y participación en programas de educación profesional y técnica.
Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas y quejas de supuestas discriminaciones:
Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Johnson, 360-807-7235, firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Katie Howell, 360-807-7245, email@example.com
Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator: Debby Gregory, 360-807-7200, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and Technical Education Coordinator: Rick Goble, 360-807-7235, email@example.com. Mailing address: 310 SW 16th Street, Chehalis, WA 98532. Qualifications :
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Valid Washington State Educational Staff Associate Certificate as a school nurse (preferred)
Valid Washington State driver?s license
Successful and recent experience as a nurse in a school setting preferred
Pediatric experience and/or community health experience preferred
Interest in and evidence of continued professional growth as a nurse
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Valid Nursing license and Washington State Educational Staff Associate Certificate with appropriate endorsement(s)
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance required