Teach college preparatory high school courses pertaining to the application of computer technology. Introduce different disciplines of mobile app design, cartoon animation, game design, coding. Develop and teach material related to the computer technology, robotics, engineering of automated machines, manufacturing processes, services. EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE RIDE Requirements:
PK-12 Technology Education or CTE Computer Technology DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and project plans.
- Prepare and deliver lessons on topics such as Mobile App Design, Cartoon Animation, Game Design, Coding, Robot Mechanics, engineering of automated machines etc.
- Keep abreast of developments in computer technology and robotics fields by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and projects.
- Compile, administer, and grade end of unit and end of course examinations.
- Collaborate to write grant proposals to procure external funding for robotics competitions.
- Coordinate with University faculty to facilitate continuous development of curriculum and on-site lectures/visits.*Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Advise students on academic and career and technical curricula, and on career issues.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching, learning, and research issues.
- Prepare an annual Perkins application to obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with teaching and learning, program of study development matters, and academic issues.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Act as an adviser to student organizations such as Skills USA and local, regional, and national Robotics competitions.
- Organize and lead expanded learning opportunities for students
- Coordinate activities of the school's competitive robotics challenge teams.
- Participate in school and community events.
- Bachelor's in Technology Education
- A minimum of five years industry experience in the field of computer programing, robotics and automation preferred.
- Experience teaching, particularly with urban teenage youth, is preferred
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).