Temporary teaching position - fill a long term vacancy through the end of 22/23 school year.
*Contingent upon funding
Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, the LTS (Long Term Substitute) will gain essential and meaningful teaching experience. Excellent performance in this capacity will position a teacher well to compete for permanent teaching positions in Providence Schools and elsewhere. Compensation and benefits for this position are equal to the compensation and benefits of a regular teacher including salary according to the Providence teacher salary scale (including during school vacation) on a step determined by previous teaching experience (credit given for experience in accredited schools and/or in a certified capacity). Other benefits include paid sick days, generous health benefits, and paid professional development.Roger Williams runs 7 periods a day, may be assign to teach up to 6 periods a day EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE RIDE REQUIREMENTS:
ESL Preferred DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information
- Instruct students in theater as well as social, emotional, and behavioral skill areas
- differentiate instruction by developing, selecting and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students
- promote a school atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of all students
- monitor and evaluate student outcomes maintaining appropriate records and following all required procedures and practices
- participate fully in a professional community including common planning, professional development, and self-reflection/evaluation
- supervise students in a range of settings; protects and promotes the safety and well-being of students, colleagues, equipment, materials and facilities
- communicate and interact appropriately and professionally with students, colleagues, parents and the community
- continuously develop and evolve teaching practice and support colleagues in their development
- support the Principal, building leadership team, and district leadership team
- understand, support, and promote the mission and vision of Providence Schools (available at http://www.providenceschools.org/pages/ProvidenceSchools/AboutUs/VisionandMission
- Fully-certified as described above in "RIDE requirements" or willingness to become fully certified including on an emergency basis if necessary (fully-certified strongly preferred)
- English Certified grades 6-12 required, Theater certified K-12 preferred.
- Understanding of and willingness to work within the framework of an Aligned Instruction System as described in Providence School Board policy NSBA/NEPN: IF (available under "Policies and Regs" at http://www1.providenceschools.org/pesb/
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
- Excellent technology skills including
- familiarity with communication, presentation, and data management tools and applications in desktop, web-based, and mobile environments
- willingness and ability to model information, communication, technology, and media literacy for students, colleagues, parents, and community
- willingness and ability to continuously develop and evolve new skills and support colleagues in the development of their skills
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).