Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, plans and provides for English as a Second Language instruction to students who have been identified as in need of ESL support by the district's language dominance entry/exit criteria. Accelerates the learning or acquisition of English and the academic content of math, language arts, science, and social studies in order for students to achieve academic success and classroom expectations. Implements all district ELL procedures. Serves as a resource for information regarding students from other language backgrounds. EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university.RIDE Requirements:
Elementary Grade 1-6 or KG-6 Certificate
All grades ESL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives
- Participates in district and school-based professional development activities
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to learn, observe, question, and investigate
- Instructs students individually and in groups using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and communications with parents, colleagues and community
- Monitors and assesses student progress and adjusts student instruction accordingly.
- Makes recommendations about appropriate accommodations for all types of formal assessments
- Makes recommendations to mainstream staff about the types of accommodations, adaptations, special resources, courses, classes, and classroom adjustments that are appropriate for each ESL student
- Must meet the "highly qualified" criteria as defined by the "No Child Left Behind Act of 2001."
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, email, web applications, and industry specific technology.
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).