Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, plans and administers the school's library media services to students. Communicates the school's library media program to parents, faculty, staff and community. Plans for and provides instruction to student and staff on the use of the library media center.
Additionally, teachers will:
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- become members of a professional learning community where purposeful collaboration, flexibility, innovation and shared decision making are encouraged
- participate in all district and school-based professional development inclusive of working with internal (coaches) and external (consultants) supports
support and nurture the academic, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students
- participate in building a coalition of parent, community and business partners
engage in all district-driven curricular and other initiatives as defined by the Providence School Department
- follow all relevant School Board Policy
BA in applicable field from accredited college or universityRIDE Requirements:
PK-12 Library Media Specialist, ESL Preferred DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information
- Provides instruction based on and integrated with district objectives, utilizing school library media curriculum and learning resources.
- Participates in district and school-based professional development activities.
- Collaborates with school personnel and/or parents to coordinate the delivery of library media services to students.
- Teach information literacy skills that enable students to complete instructional tasks and explore personal interests.
- Selects appropriate variety of materials for a well-balanced library media program.
- Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and communications with parents, colleagues and community.
- Provides information services and resources to assist staff in their knowledge and educational trends, developments, techniques, research and evaluation.
- Organizes and maintains an attractive library media center environment.
- Must meet the "highly qualified" criteria as defined by the "No Child Left Behind Act of 2001."
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, email, web applications, and industry specific technology.
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
- Must have the knowledge and skills to build positive relationships with people from diverse populations
- Commitment to the mission and vision of PPSD and the relevance of job functions to that mission and vision
- Must be confidential
- Must possess and consistently model excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).