Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, plans and provides for English as a Second Language instruction to students who have been identified as in need of ESL support by the district's language dominance entry/exit criteria.
Additionally, ESL Teacher will:
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE RIDE Requirements
- Accelerates the learning or acquisition of English and the academic content of math, language arts, science, and social studies in order for students to achieve academic success and classroom expectations.
- Implements all district ELL procedures. Serves as a resource for information regarding students from other language backgrounds.
Sec. Social Studies with ESL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES Roles & Responsibilities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Participates in district and school-based professional development activities.
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to learn, observe, question, and investigate.
- Instructs students individually and in groups using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and communications with parents, colleagues and community.
- Monitors and assesses student progress and adjusts student instruction accordingly.
- Makes recommendations about appropriate accommodations for all types of formal assessments
- Makes recommendations to mainstream staff about the types of accommodations, adaptations, special resources, courses, classes, and classroom adjustments that are appropriate for each ESL student
- BA in applicable field from accredited college or university.
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Record of involvement in professional organizations (such as National Middle School Association (NMSA), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), Children and Adult with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) etc.)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) etc.)
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, email, web applications, and industry specific technology.
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).