(Contingent upon funding) - CBH position - full-time permanent teaching position beginning at the start of the 2021/2022 school year.
Resume and cover letter required.
***Accommodations for virtual interviews will be made during this hiring season, please apply***Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, plans and provides for English as a Second Language instruction to students who have been identified as in need of ESL support by the district's language dominance entry/exit criteria.
Additionally, ESL Teacher will:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Accelerates the learning or acquisition of English and the academic content of math, language arts, science, and social studies in order for students to achieve academic success and classroom expectations.
- Implements all district ELL procedures. Serves as a resource for information regarding students from other language backgrounds.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE RIDE Requirements
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Participates in district and school-based professional development activities.
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to learn, observe, question, and investigate.
- Instructs students individually and in groups using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Develops and maintains positive and cooperative interactions and communications with parents, colleagues and community.
- Monitors and assesses student progress and adjusts student instruction accordingly.
- Makes recommendations about appropriate accommodations for all types of formal assessments
- Makes recommendations to mainstream staff about the types of accommodations, adaptations, special resources, courses, classes, and classroom adjustments that are appropriate for each ESL student
Secondary English 7-12 with ESLMinimum Qualifications
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
- Fully-certified as described above in "RIDE requirements" or willingness to become fully certified including on an emergency basis if necessary (fully-certified strongly preferred)
- Understanding of and willingness to work within the framework of an Aligned Instruction System as described in Providence School Board policy NSBA/NEPN: IF (available under "Policies and Regs" at http://www1.providenceschools.org/pesb/
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information
- instruct students in academic subject matter as well as social, emotional, and behavioral skill areas
- differentiate instruction by developing, selecting and modifying instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students
- promote a school atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of all students
- monitor and evaluate student outcomes maintaining appropriate records and following all required procedures and practices
- participate fully in a professional community including common planning, professional development, and self-reflection/evaluation
- supervise students in a range of settings; protects and promotes the safety and well-being of students, colleagues, equipment, materials and facilities
- communicate and interact appropriately and professionally with students, colleagues, parents and the community
- continuously develop and evolve teaching practice and support colleagues in their development
- support the Principal, building leadership team, and district leadership team
- understand, support, and promote the mission and vision of Providence Schools (available at http://www.providenceschools.org/pages/ProvidenceSchools/AboutUs/VisionandMission
- Excellent technology skills including
- familiarity with communication, presentation, and data management tools and applications in desktop, web-based, and mobile environments
- willingness and ability to model information, communication, technology, and media literacy for students, colleagues, parents, and community
- willingness and ability to continuously develop and evolve new skills and support colleagues in the development of their skills
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).