Heim Middle School DATES:
July 5, 2022 - August 12, 2022 (Additional: July 1 st required for Med drop-off)
Position dependent on implementation of a district sponsored Special Education Program. QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of New York PREFERRED CHARACTERISTICS:
DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training or experience in working with children with various disabilities.
- School health experience working with high school aged students.
- Clinical nursing experience or background.
- Experience working with athletic screening and athletic-related injuries
- Relevant experience to this setting and position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Diligent record keeping skills.
- Assessment of health complaints, medication administration and care for students with special health care needs.
- Managing emergencies and urgent situations.
- Mandated health screening programs, verification of immunizations, and infectious disease. monitoring/reporting, creation of health care plans, emergency care plans, teaching unlicensed personnel in the administration of emergency medications (glucagon, epi).
- Identification and management of student's chronic health care needs that affect educational achievement
- Submission of required State DOH surveys (immunization, BMI/WSC), and thorough completion of required documentation.
- Participation in nurse meetings, and as needed on CSE Committee. Participation in staff development activities.
- Representation on building teams or committees as requested by principal, District Nurse Practitioner, Coordinator of Student Services and/or Assistant Superintendent for Exceptional Education.
- Adheres to current standards of care, standards of the profession and standards of documentation, district approved policies and procedures, as well as medical protocols under the direction of the District Physician and Nurse Practitioner.
- Monitors equipment in the health office, initiates process for repairs and interval calibrations, ordering of approved supplies.
- Assists in the implementation of concussion management protocols.
- Oversees physical verification for student-athletes as needed.
- Provides student-specific in-services as warranted.
- Other responsibilities as requested by the Building Administrator, Coordinator of Student Services, District Nurse Practitioner and/or Assistant Superintendent for Exceptional Education and Student Services.
Please make sure to complete an application by clicking here for this job posting. Building/Location :
- Provides direct care to students.
- Provides leadership in the provision of health services.
- Provides screening and referral for health conditions.
- Promotes a healthy school environment.
- Promotes health of students.
- Provides liaison services between school personnel, family and health care professionals.
- Serves in a leadership role for health policies and programs.
- Maintains student confidentiality and adheres to FERPA/HIPPA regulations.
Heim Middle School Appointment Status :
Other Position Status :
Part time Start Date :
7/5/22 Certification Type :
Registered Nurse Additional Job Information :
Salary per WTA Posting Link :