Hamilton County Schools, located in Chattanooga, TN, is the fastest improved school district in the state of Tennessee. Our mission is to create pathways to bright futures for all
students in our community by helping to equip them with the skills, knowledge and supports required to realize their full potential.
We do this by focusing on five action areas in our strategic plan, Future Ready 2023:
- Accelerating Student Achievement
- Future Ready Students
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Engaged Community
- Efficient and Effective Operations
We are committed to excellence for every student and are seeking outstanding teachers with the ability to inspire, engage, and who desire to make a difference in the lives of students. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.The Arts, A/V Technology, & Communications career cluster focuses on careers in designing, producing, exhibiting, performing, writing, and publishing multimedia content including visual and performing arts and design, journalism, and entertainment services.This position will focus on Digital Arts & Design. ResponsibilitiesPlan, deliver and assess effective instruction
that is tightly aligned with State standards.
Classroom Management & Relationships
- Designs lessons based on best practices with clear learning targets and measurable goals aligned with State standards and/or unit outcomes. Frequently plans collaboratively with colleagues.
- Conveys high expectations while using multiple effective strategies, materials, and classroom practices that involve and motivate students while differentiating instruction to meet students' needs.
- Uses colleagues and own self-reflection on instructional practice to continually improve instruction.
Family & Community:
- Fosters a well-structured and engaging learning environment by utilizing effective classroom procedures and routines while showing caring, respect, and fairness for all students.
- Consistently develops strong relationships with students' families while diligently informing parents of expectations, positive news, and/or concerns about their children.
- Provides opportunities for parents to be involved in their children's learning.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders in order to improve teaching & learning.
- Reflects on own instruction and leadership while contributing ideas, expertise, and time to the mission and goals of the school.
- High School diploma or above, Associate's or Bachelor's in related industry preferred.
- Five years of full time related work experience out of the last eight years.
- Examples of Qualifying areas/Occupations: desktop publishers, commerical artist, graphic desginers, photographer, page compisition, image conversion, digital printing, electronic publishing, digital imaging, press operations and finishing
- Industry Certification: ADDA Certified Digital Designer or NOCTI Advertising & Design 5261 or Adobe Certified Expert Certification
- Endorsements: Digital Arts & Design (711); Previous endorsement: 543
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal effectively with students, educators, parents, and community members.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills.
Salary is based on a combination of relevant education and experience.Salary ScaleThis position may be eligible for an increase in total compensation. The Differentiated Compensation Plan applies to designated schools and hard-to-staff positions. Please see https://www.hcde.org/staff/human_resources/differentiated_compensation for more details.