Position Information: Listing ID:
Elementary School Teacher Assignment:
Teacher Job Type:
Permanent Assignment Grade To:
Teachers: Accountability Salary Matrix:
22-23TEA Step Range:
0 - $41,100.00 to 6 - $51,375.00 (contract) Employment Type:
Full Time Job Descriptions:
Elementary School Teacher (Hyperlink) View Application Deadline:
Until Filled Position Overview:
The Rapid City Area School District (RCAS) is seeking truly extraordinary educators to join our outstanding system of faculty and staff. Successful candidates for our teaching positions will display technical excellence in instructional techniques, a love for collaboration and continuous learning, and create a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth for our students. Qualified candidates will also establish an effective rapport with students to motivate to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further participation in the total school program, in accordance with each student's ability and to meet the South Dakota standards. A goal of the Rapid City Area Schools is to create a culture of inquiry where professional learning is expected, sought after, and is an ongoing part of teaching and learning. To read more about our staff development initiatives, please visit www.rcas.org.
A job description has been attached to this posting for candidate review. Applicants may review state standards and gain access to their list of current certifications through http://doe.sd.gov/ (Teacher 411 for certification checks) Conditions of Employment:
- A valid South Dakota Teaching Certificate, Administrative Certificate, or specific content-area credential may be required for this position (please refer to job description for specific details). By clicking "yes" below, you affirm that you either currently hold (or are able to obtain) the appropriate certification/credential no later than your employment start date. Failure to obtain the necessary certification may result in rescinding of an employment offer. Note: If you have not started the certification process or have questions, please contact the South Dakota Department of Education at www.doe.sd.gov. For any other questions, please contact the Human Resources Recruiter at 605-394-4014.
- Do you hold a South Dakota Teaching Certificate?
- If not, on what date did you apply for certification? Please reference the South Dakota Department of Education website to provide the exact date of application.
- Is the position in which you're applying for within your certification content area? If not, please provide the date you are scheduled to complete the Praxis exam or coursework to receive the endorsement.
- Do you possess an out of state teaching certificate? Please list the details of your out of state certification.
- How do you plan to address the diverse educational needs of your students?
- Why are you interested in teaching for the Rapid City Area School District?
- Please list any special courses, seminars, and/or training you have completed relating to your ability to perform a position.
- Are you currently employed by the Rapid City Area School District?
Our Vision - Building Tomorrow's Community through Inspiration. Innovation, and Excellence.
Our Mission - Challenge, engage, and empower students to thrive in their future in a diverse world.
To view the RCAS Elementary, Middle, and High School Handbooks, go to https://rcas.org/students/student-handbooks/
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board of Education's policy.
Please note: All offers of employment are conditional upon verification of necessary credentials and successful background/reference check.
Thank you for your interest in the Rapid City Area Schools - we look forward to hearing from you! Benefits:
The Rapid City Area School District is proud to offer a strong benefits package to supplement employee wages.
Core Benefits --- Qualifying employees are eligible to enroll in the group medical and dental plans. Health coverage is provided through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. Delta Dental is the District's carrier for dental insurance. The District also supports healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA) through Health Equity/WageWorks. Life Insurance is provided at no cost to the employee through the Standard, with $10,000 in basic life coverage and $20,000 for instances of accidental death and dismemberment for the employee as well as $2,000 in basic life for spouses and $1,000 basic life for dependent children up to age 26.
Retirement --- The school district offers an outstanding retirement package through South Dakota Retirement Services (SDRS). In response to the mandatory 6% employee contribution, qualifying employees will receive an additional 6% of their wage contributed to a retirement account on their behalf each pay-date. Additionally, employees are automatically enrolled in the SDRS Supplemental Plan 457B and may contribute pre or post tax dollars to retirement.
Additional Benefits --- Rapid City Area School offers a several voluntary benefits that may add a layer of protection for staff including short term disability, critical illness insurance, accident insurance as well as additional life insurance. We encourage employee wellbeing by offering an annual Wellness Screening to our staff, which includes flu shots and testing that provides team members with important data on their health status. The District also offers various discounts to local gyms and other wellness vendors. An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is supported through the Standard, allowing our team members to contact skilled support specialists for a variety of topics including therapy referrals, legal referral and financial counseling. Attachments:
Reference Letter 1*
Reference Letter 2*
Reference Letter 3*
Proof of Veterans Status (if applicable)References:
General Reference Check Form: 3 of 5 external references required.