Clerical Support/Middle School RegistrarDate Posted:
ROMIG MIDDLE SCHOOL Bargaining Unit
: TOTEM Work Year
: 11 months Work Day
: 8 hours per day FTE
: Full time, 1.0 FTE Salary
: T-12, $16.25 - $17.23 Per Hour, DOEJob Summary
The Middle School Registrar registers and transfers students, maintains student files and records, and performs other clerical tasks in a high school office. The position has a retirement association with the Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS). Job Requirements
The following are required:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of clerical experience. Equivalent education may be considered in lieu of related work experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with staff, parents, students, administrators, and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and inspire confidence and cooperation of staff, parents, students, administrators, and the public.
The following are preferred:
Essential Job Functions
- Knowledge of first aid.
- Knowledge of office practices, data processing procedures, terminology, and filing systems.
- Ability to operate standard office machines including copier, ten-key calculator, and word processing and computers, both Macintosh and Windows, with a variety of applications.
- Ability to perform clerical work involving independent judgment, accuracy, and speed.
- Ability to maintain clerical records and prepare reports.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and communicate rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to type accurately at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Ability to communicate rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Anchorage School District systems such as Zangle, EmpCenter, IFAS, or Aesop Absence Management.
- Ability to plan, lay out, and conduct clerical operations involving transactions requiring effective accountability and accurate controls.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Provides data to the Records Management Department.
- Conducts registration transactions with students, parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators in the Anchorage School District, requiring a detailed knowledge of rules, procedures, and policies.
- Works with counselors in scheduling students, registrations, transfers, and withdrawals.
- Documents, initiates, updates, and maintains students' cumulative folders and permanent records.
- Supplies information involving facts and interpretations.
- Distributes, collects, and checks for completion of the Federal Impact Cards.
- Prepares correspondence and reports.
- Operates various machines and does incidental typing and office related work as required.
- May direct work of other employees and student assistants.
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities. Work Environment
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief
for additional information. The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.