Assistant Superintendent for Business
Highland Falls – Fort Montgomery Central School District
Highland Falls, NY
The Highland Falls – Fort Montgomery Central School District is seeking an outstanding financial leader for the position of Assistant Superintendent for Business. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to provide excellent leadership in all areas of the district’s fiscal operations including budget development, accounting and auditing services, payroll, capital projects, purchasing, accounts payable, collective bargaining, and insurance and risk management.
Job Description: This position reports to the superintendent of schools and has overall responsibility for fiscal management and planning for the school district. In addition, the position entails oversight of capital projects and renovations and oversight of facilities management and support staff services. The Assistant Superintendent will be expected to play an active leadership role in labor management and contract negotiations with a number of labor units and with a number of LEAs.
• NYS certification as School District Business Leader, School Business Administrator.
• Minimum five years successful experience as a School Business Official, preferably in a Federally Impacted School District (7002).
• Experience in budget development and management, oversight of capital projects, and with contract negotiations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to establish and foster relationships with local, state, and federal officials as well as the New York State Education Department and other relevant agencies.
• Experience working with community leaders to create and nurture mutually beneficial opportunities to help children succeed.
Application Deadline: May 22, 2022
Salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience and competitive with region.
Applications should be submitted via OLAS (www.olasjobs.org).
The Highland Falls – Fort Montgomery Central School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer