JOB DESCRIPTION GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
: The School Principal is responsible for administering and leading the total school program which focuses on student centered learning; equity; achievement; building a positive school climate that supports the whole student; leveraging research and data to drive initiatives and instruction; and building a high-performing staff and leadership team to achieve the school's vision and goals. The principal will collaborate with parents, community members, consultants, as well as other internal/external stakeholders to implement educational programs, capital improvements, systems reform, tools and other resources to accelerate student achievement. SUPERVISION RECEIVED
: The principal will be supervised the assigned Zone Director. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
: The principal will plan, coordinate, organize, supervise and evaluate the work of the instructional, professional and clerical staff. EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE Education
: Master's degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in educational administration/leadership and;Experience
: minimum of five (5) years in teaching experience and; must have had experience in an educational leadership position, such as my have been gained through academic coaching, or as a certified administrator; Strong knowledge of curriculum, instruction, organizational patterns, school operations, and student services; demonstrated competence in staff recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation; demonstrated problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to act effectively under stress; ability to motivate, encourages, and works with staff to ensure outstanding performance as well as good morale; excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and; multilingualism preferred RIDE CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
Building Admin PK-12 DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
- Promotes a widely shared institutional belief that every child deserves and can have expert instruction and that all team members must be advocates for students.
- Sets high performance goals for themselves and others despite instability and obstacles to success.
- Creates a sense of urgency and takes immediate action to ensure early successes.
- Establishes and monitors high standards for excellence with students, teachers, staff and other stakeholders.
- Aligns school resources and prioritizes activities to achieve maximum results based on vision and goals.
- Relentlessly focuses school activities on student achievement.
- Effectively plans and takes action to achieve goals and objectives without direction.
- Consistently identifies potential issues and obstacles and proactively takes action to create and implement solutions.
- Formulates and executes on action plans despite ambiguity, obstacles or resistance.
Impact and Influence
- Establishes a culture of collaboration, learning and achievement.
- Acts consistently to influence others' thinking and behavior to achieve results.
- Communicates a clear vision of success and benefits to engage others.
- Identifies and engages stakeholders (e.g. parents, community) to drive consensus, build trust and facilitate change.
- Influences others to take action and demands change.
Develop and Lead High Performing Teams
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDSplemental Information KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CAPACITIES
- Effectively builds and organizes adult teams to mirror vision and produce maximum results.
- Is reflective about strengths and growth areas.
- Selects assignments to build team capacity.
- Effectively delegates to others and engages team in decision-making.
- Encourages learning and consistently provides instruction, expectations, feedback and other developmental activities to encourage leadership and build capacity.
- Consistently inspires excellence and promotes high morale.
- Quickly recognizes patterns and trends related to school performance.
- Analyzes complex information to formulate strategic vision and develop action plans.
- Identifies appropriate metrics and uses qualitative and quantitative data to assess performance and drive goals and decision-making.
- Recognizes cause and effect between instructional activities and results.
- Develops right balance of strategic and tactical plans to achieve immediate success while maintaining long-term vision.
- Develops effective processes to achieve desired results.
- Confidence to Lead
- Strong belief that all students can learn to high levels and thrive when given the chance.
- Able to adapt to the complexities of the urban school environment
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to be analytical and think critically
- Familiar with best practices on the school level that create and sustain change.
- Able to build capacity in others.
- Demonstrates leadership theories and practices.
- Knowledge of current education policy trends.
- Proven experience leading in urban district schools to accelerate student academic and learning performance.
- Extensive knowledge of comprehensive assessment systems.
- Success with professional development design and delivery to help teachers raise test scores using data.
- Proven experience in conducting rigorous evaluations of educator and school staff performance.
- Knowledge of social emotional wellness programs
- Experience with effective instruction for English Learners and Special Education Students
- Must have the knowledge and skills to build positive relationships with people from diverse populations
- Commitment to the mission and vision of PPSD and the relevance of job functions to that mission and vision
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).