Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Ability to read, speak and write in the English
language. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to operate a
bus in a safe and economical manner. Ability to pass an annual physical examination and meet
all requirements mandated by law. Ability to relate to students, parents and school system
personnel. Knowledge of characteristics of exceptional education students. Knowledge of traffic
laws as they pertain to loading and unloading of students. Knowledge of traffic and highway
safety rules. Knowledge of precautions to avoid accidents. Knowledge of safety rules regarding
crossing streets. Skill in handling student behavior. Job Summary:
To transport students safely and efficiently to and from school and extracurricular
activities as assigned.Qualifications:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be 21 years of age.
3. Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B, with airbrake, passenger (P) and
school bus(s) endorsements.
4. Must be physically capable of safely operating a motor vehicle and/or mechanized
machinery in accordance with the job description.
5. Completion of a performance test in school bus operation
6. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening.Application Procedure:
Apply onlineSalary Information: Support Personnel. Pay Grade 9. One hundred eighty-six days worked per year (9 months). FLSA Non-Exempt.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.