Exceptional Student Education/Resource Specialist
Indian River Academy Description:
Knowledge of federal and state laws, State Board of Education rules, and School board policies
applicable to assigned responsibilities. Knowledge of exceptional student education procedures.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to use technology to support
assigned duties. Technical knowledge specific to assigned area. Ability to work cooperatively with
others. Knowledge and demonstration of Florida Teacher Accomplished Practices and Florida
Teacher Competencies.Job Summary:
To assist schools in providing appropriate educational services to exceptional students
and to comply with state and federal requirements.Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Master's degree preferred.
3. Valid Florida certification in an area of Exceptional Student Education or related area.
4. Five (5) years successful experience in education.
5. Experience teaching in exceptional student education preferred.
6. Must meet the No Child Left Behind Act regulations and requirements.
7. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening.Application Procedure:
Apply onlineSalary Information: Instructional. One hundred ninety-six days worked per year (10 months). FLSA Exempt.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.