Position at IDEA Public Schools
The English Learner Manager is responsible for the Bilingual/ESL/ESOL programs on their assigned campuses. They coordinate with English Learner campus point person and campus leaders to ensure 100% of English Learner scholars receive the appropriate services and accommodations during daily instruction and all state testing. Ensures that we are following state and federal compliance for our students in the English Learner or ESOL program, as well as, providing the best instructional support through exceptional student support plans.
This is a full-time, remote position with a start date of July 2022. Preference is given to candidates who live in Texas or who are willing to relocate. The EL Manager will travel roughly 50% of the time to all IDEA regions.
Compensation & Benefits
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $66,600 and $80,600, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits as well as retirement plans and a generous vacation package. You can find more information about our benefits at https://ideapublicschools.org/careers/benefits/.
* IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
- Ability to manage to completion multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Managing others through influence
- Designing or assisting with professional development
- Delivering exceptional professional development
- Communicate using multiple modes
- Coordinating multiple groups of people
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple business partners
- Coaching and developing leaders and teachers in instructing English Learners
- Experience teaching English Learner students
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Synthesize Data
- Proactive problem solver; positive, supportive and encouraging
- Bachelor's degree Required/Master's Degree Preferred
- Bilingual, ESL, ESOL Certification Preferred
- 3+ years' experience teaching; experience working with English Learners
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook),
- Preferred experience serving English Learners in Florida and Texas
- Maintain 100% compliance of state and federal guidelines for English Learner students in assigned states
- 15% increase in achievement in English Learners' ELA state standardized assessment (FSA, STAAR)
- 42% of English Learner students will advance 1 or more levels on their respective state English Learner assessment (ACCESS, TELPAS)
- 80% of teachers successfully complete SIOP training within portfolio of schools
- 100% of campuses hold at least 4 EL family engagement events
Ability to sit and stand in front of a computer for extended periods of time
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Click here to learn about IDEA's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Anti-Racist and Anti-Bias commitment: https://ideapublicschools.org/dei/.
Learn more about IDEA
Include links to sites that are relevant to the position
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.