Washington Central Unified Union School District is looking for an experienced Special Educator for our middle / high school with strong collaborative skills to work closely with other educators, students and families to provide special education services and supports. Candidates must have a strong background in specialized literacy, math instruction and/or strong background in supporting students with social-emotional needs. Candidates must be able to work creatively and collaboratively to create an environment that invites respect for all persons, relate a sense of fairness, and practice commitment to inclusion and diversity. Training in restorative practices is preferred. Responsibilities include that of Teacher Advisor to 8 to 10 students.
Candidates must be
- Enthusiastic and student-centered
- Committed to educating and supporting all students
- Knowledgeable in and ability to deliver Special Education services, including literacy, math and social skills
- Knowledgeable in and ability to interpret assessment information and provide direct instruction and case management
- Knowledgeable of Vermont Special Education Rules and Regulations
- Skilled in proficiency-based instruction and assessment
Apply via SchoolSpring job ID# 3825140
Complete profiles should include:
- Cover Letter
- Detailed resume
- All transcripts and grades
- Three (3) current letters of reference
- Copy of Vermont Educator's license with Special Education endorsement
At least 2 years of experience preferred.