Director of Learning Environments and Instructional Design
VS America, a 124-year-old world leader in educational furniture design and manufacturing, is looking for an experienced educator to co-author the development of a newly created role – Director of Learning Environments and Instructional Design.
VS America is committed to utilizing research, design, and best practices to create educational environments to support the learner and educator’s needs. VS is seeking an experienced and talented educational leader to join the team as an educational expert who can support, guide and assist in implementing pedagogical principles that support learning spaces. This educational leader will train and work with educators in professional development opportunities, work with company staff on educational design guidance, and serve as the educational leader for VS America.
The ideal candidates will have a track record of effective leadership experience, instructional expertise, the ability to collaborate, and the flexibility to travel throughout the United States and occasionally internationally. The candidate must be able to empathetically connect with people, be an engaging presenter and be able to articulate best practices in PreK- 12 instruction for general education, special education and career/technical education.
As a national thought leader, this person’s responsibilities and attributes will be:
- Understand in-depth the evidence and nuances of VS America’s history, research evidence and purpose-built portfolios across education’s cohort and connects this knowledge to education teaching models and practices.
- Utilize research-evidenced practices, create and lead professional learning opportunities for various audiences.
- Understanding of the power of research and how effective use of implementation can drive change
- Assist with research and studies in product design and utilization.
- Provide direct professional development to school staff before, during and after product purchase to ensure the understanding of “why” behind the furniture and equipment.
- Develop, prepare, and present knowledge to a variety of audiences: educators, district leaders, and architectural designers of educational spaces using a variety of presentation models.
- Ability to create curricular information that will demonstrate the impact of space on teaching and learning. Must be able to effectively communicate the marriage of pedagogical concepts to classroom and furniture design.
- Create curriculum that articulates how well designed and utilized spaces can positively impact teacher evaluation
- Must be able to create educational content for marketing purposes in collaboration with the VS America marketing department (white papers, presentations, advertising, social media)
- Represent the VS America Brand at state, national, international meetings and events
- Collaborate with VS America sales and marketing associates for maximum effectiveness.
- Be an Instructional Leader with knowledge of current educational initiatives.
- Successful experience in a leadership position including having teaching experience in the classroom in a public-school district
- Skilled in building relationships at all levels – teachers, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in content area instructional best practices
- Knowledgeable in developmentally appropriate best practices
- Proficient in the use of technology to effectively deliver presentations and trainings
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal team building skills
- Capacity to build and maintain networks of business leaders, other professionals, and other partners
- Understanding of educational federal grant programs
- Successful experience delivering training/professional development
- Proven capacity to provide visionary leadership
- Demonstrated capacity to manage in a data-driven environment
- Basic understanding of school budgeting and finance
- Thinks and acts like a leader
- Exemplifies the highest level of personal and professional ethics, personal integrity, and trust
- A school leader who is approachable and empathetic, treating everyone with respect and dignity
- An individual who sets high expectations for self; accepts responsibility
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Required Post-Secondary Degree, Doctoral Degree Preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in the K-12 Public Education system at the Central Office, Director, Assistant Superintendent, or Superintendent level
- Evidence of excellent communication and presentation skills
- Evidence of working as an engaged team member
- The ability to travel extensively at the national level
- Ability to work remotely
For more company, product and core philosophy information see vsamerica.com. Competitive Compensation and Benefit packages to be offered.
Michigan Leadership Institute has been secured to facilitate the search for this unique vacancy. VS America, Inc. may make exceptions to this profile, posting, process and/or timeline to ensure selection of the best possible candidate. The VS America officials will make all decisions with respect to the hiring process, evaluation, and selection of candidates to be interviewed as well as appointment of the final candidate.
Interested candidates should complete and submit an online application found at www.mileader.org or http://applitrack.com/mileader/onlineapp. No hard copy, faxed, or emailed copies will be acceptable. Materials will be treated confidentially through the screening process only upon the written request of the candidate.
All questions regarding the search process should be directed to Michigan Leadership Institute’s Executive Director: Dr. Lisa Hagel firstname.lastname@example.org .
SEARCH PROCESS AND TIMELINE
May 31, 2022
- Application deadline at 4:00 PM
June 1-2, 2022
- Executive Director completes remaining candidate background reviews, check references
June 3, 2022
- All candidate materials will be sent for company review.
June 9, 2022
- Virtual Meeting to Prioritize Candidates and select finalists for interviews
- Selection of interview questions on virtual meeting for round one interview
June 21, 2022
- First Round Interviews/ to include Presentation in North Carolina
June 28, 2021
- Second Round Interviews to include Presentation in North Carolina
VS America would like the selected candidate to start August 1, 2022 if possible.
VS America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VS America, Inc. - 1940 Abbott Street, Unit 501 - Charlotte, NC 28203
Phone: 704-378-6500 - Fax: 704-378-6005