Customer Support Specialist (Temp) WHAT WE SEEK
Carnegie Learning is seeking a customer advocate to join our Customer Support team. We have offices in Pittsburgh and Tucson, but you're welcome to work from anywhere with an internet connection!
We're committed to transforming the classroom, putting better learning within reach for both teachers and students. We believe that customer support is more than just answering questions. Our Customer Support Specialists play a significant role in customer satisfaction and student achievement.by helping teachers, administrators, students and parents throughout the country use our game-changing educational materials. We directly impact business goals by providing feedback to our product team and driving customer success. Our support team is one of the main reasons for our success and we want to be role models for our customers. You'll love this role if you get your kicks by helping others. We're looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful. We are looking for customer-focused agents who can assist customers with our Math, Language Arts, and Computer Science products via phone, email, and chat. WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR BACKPACK
- Provide first-level support, via phone, email, and chat, in a timely and friendly manner.
- Answer, research, and resolve first and second-level customer issues.
- Assist in onboarding of new and returning customers.
- Become an expert on Carnegie Learning product features and capabilities
- Educate and empower our customers to better understand the Carnegie Learning product suite
- Assist in creating, translating, and maintaining customer-facing and internal documentation.
- Assist in troubleshooting and documenting school and district-level issues.
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Help to develop the customer support profession through sharing knowledge, experimenting with new innovations, and discussing best practices.
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing, personal customer support.
WHAT GIVES US PURPOSE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems logically and critically
- 0-1+ years in a customer service position, preferably online support
- Previous experience with educational software or a background in education preferred
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Comfortability in working with technology and a basic understanding of the internet and computer systems
- You'll love this job if you:
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues. If there's a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- You are energized by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and educate our customers.
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things. There's always a better way.
- You're a positive person and know how to look on the bright side.
- You bring solutions to the table, not just problems. (But you aren't afraid to point out where we're going wrong).
- You're comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Carnegie Learning is a leading provider of K-12 education technology, curriculum, and professional learning solutions. With the highest quality, research-based offerings for K-12 math, ELA, world languages, and more, Carnegie Learning is changing the way we think about learning and creating powerful results for teachers and students alike. At Carnegie Learning we strive to create an environment where people want to work - one where the larger team comes first, where trying new things (and sometimes failing) is encouraged, and where we pursue our mission relentlessly.
Carnegie Learning is a major disruptive force in the digital curriculum market by combining world-class research, differentiated technology, best in class content together with a world-class mission-oriented team. This is where you come in! Are you ready to do the best work of your career and shape the future of learning? WHAT WE PROVIDE
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- Named a Pittsburgh Top Workplace five years in a row
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Employee assistance program
- Generous time off and holidays
- Variable compensation opportunities
- Business casual work environment
- Mission-driven culture
- Flexible working hours, leveraging remote capabilities
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our business and industry. Carnegie Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.