2022 - 2023 Fifth Grade ELA / Social Studies Teacher (IN-PERSON LEARNING)
Barack & Michelle Obama Academy
Teacher - Position - EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION Job Number :
4600250085 Start Date : Open Date :
04/13/2022 Closing Date :
Atlanta Public Schools is looking for a self-motivated Elementary School Teacher (for the 2022-2023 SY) to provide face-to-face instruction with students in the school building with the ability to ensure student success through differentiated instruction. The candidate must be adaptable to changing school and district needs and able to create and maintain a climate that promotes respect, tolerance, and peaceful problem solving for all students and teach Elementary courses. This position reports to the School Principal and will be assigned to be physically present in the school building location.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs students through lectures, discussions, visual aids and other effective teaching methods for student comprehension.
- Prepares lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the material.
- Administers various types of assessments to monitor students performance- behavior and other issues.
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions.
- Reports in person to the school building to provide face-to-face instruction to students.
- Able to provide instruction simultaneously to in-person and remote learners, if necessary.
- Responsive to changing school and district instructional needs
- Minimum of SRT4-Certification in Early Childhood Education or related field (P-5); OR
- Passed the GACE Program Admissions Assessment or have exemption eligibility AND passed the GACE in Early Childhood Education
Bachelor's Degree required with at least a 2.5 GPA
Zero years of teaching experience. Available for face-to-face instruction within the school building with students present Compensation : Salary Grade:
T4 Bachelor - T7 Doctorate Salary Range:
APS Teacher Salary Scale Work Year:
202 Days FLSA Status :
Exempt Employment Category :
Certified Reports to: :