Preschool / Early Childhood/Preschool Site Aide
Various Locations (Location TBD)
Open until filled
GRADE: G4 (Hourly Range/Step 1 - Step 8: $16.10 - $19.85) MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $16.10 STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 34 FTE: .85 MONTHS PER YEAR: 9 JOB CODE: 050323 POSITION TYPE: PERMANENT/REGULAR LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
SUMMARY: Work collaboratively with a team to support students in an engaging environment. Work under the supervision of the Early Childhood teacher to implement lesson plans and prepare materials for a preschool classroom with special needs and typically developing students. Provide individual personal care for students as needed. Conduct periodic assessment and clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time vary based on building assignment and/or location.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Implement and assist with instruction and specialized interventions for preschool students in individual small and large group settings following lesson plans.
2. Prepare materials and classroom for lessons, maintain classroom and supply cleanliness including disinfecting and sterilizing common areas and equipment.
3. Assists with all areas of physical needs for all students, including performing daily routines, toileting and/or diapering, specialized dietary requirements, and medical needs as delegated by the Preschool Registered Nurse.
4. Participate weekly with assigned team to discuss programming and progress for all students.
5. Assist in maintaining checklist of skills attained and individual portfolios of work
6. Participate in Early Childhood Education staff development and training.
7. Supports duties related to state licensing, Special Education, Child Find and Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) screenings, and other related paperwork tasks.
8. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with children with special education needs, including Autism, preferred.
• Experience in an early childhood setting preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 18 years old or older.
• Post-secondary coursework in early childhood education preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR and First Aid certifications within 3 months of entering position.
• Standard Precautions training required within 1 month of entering position.
• Medication training acquired within 3 months after entering position.
• Successful completion of a pre-hire post-offer physical examination.
• Additional successful completion of a post-hire physical examination required on a yearly basis.
All Classified positions are paid on an hourly
basis. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 7 steps (maximum Step 8) based on their previous experience. Final hourly placement on the Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade Level for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to the number of work experience credits or service years. See our Classified Salary Schedule
for hourly rates. For additional compensation information, please refer to Classified Master Agreement.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date). To learn more about our benefits including paid time off, please see our Benefits Overview
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.