Work. With Purpose
Spectrum, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction. If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor - and a stellar work ethic - we should talk.
Our Special Education teachers help kids develop skills that allow them and to prepare for college, career - for life - after high school.
Special Education Teachers, along with other staff members, prepare and implement a full educational teaching plan for each student. Spectrum Special Education teachers conduct group and individual instruction in the classroom and in the community to implement students' Individualized Education Programs (IEP), improve students' quality of life and prepare them to become active members of their community.Position details:
Join the Spectrum Family! -
- Prepare and implement the instructional process for students with IEP's
- Deliver instruction, through the use of curriculum materials and educational software
- Develop daily lesson plans and classroom schedule that reflects state and school requirements
- Collaborate with content teachers to provide instructional support and approved modification to the curriculum
- Implement standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure and effective learning environment by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations, and consistency
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)