Great Oaks Legacy Charter School in Newark is seeking an experienced Technology Coordinator
to join our Network Operations Team. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
The Technology Coordinator will report to the Director of Technology to support the daily utilization of all school-based hardware and software. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the district.
- Maintain inventory of technology hardware, ensuring proper functionality, and that all devices are set up properly for daily instructional use.
- Trouble-shooting technology issues in real time for students and staff (e.g. LCD Projectors, laptops, student-facing computers, tech accessories, etc.)
- Supporting use of instructional technology software programs
- Supporting the administration of online assessments, including support of physical set-up, required documentation, and data support.
- Supporting use of technology for special events such as Student Circles, Parent Assemblies, Pep Rallies, and other events with specific A/V requirements.
- Supporting Data Management needs for student-facing and teacher-facing software programs and assessment services, as needed.
- Additional special projects as assigned by the Director of Technology.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Belief that all students have what it takes to be successful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on problem-solving ability
- Relentless work ethic
- Ability to multitask effectively and adhere to deadlines and requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university preferred
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
ABOUT GREAT OAKS LEGACY CHARTER SCHOOL
- Robust medical, dental, and vision insurance plans w/ comprehensive network coverage.
- Up to $5,250 per year in tax exempt student loan and tuition reimbursement.
- Reimbursements for external professional development aligned to your role.
- Wellness reimbursements including gym memberships, spa services, and more.
- Online counseling services - for staff and their dependents - via top-rated therapy app.
- Pre-tax state pension plan benefit w/ addl. options available via voluntary retirement plans.
- Pre-tax dependent care, health, and transit flexible spending plans available.
- Convenient health screening and telemedicine support via VitalCheck Wellness platform.
The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in Newark NJ, serving students from Pre-K to 12th grade on campuses across the city of Newark. Our mission is to prepare Newark's students for success in college and beyond.
Our model is based on the following guiding principles that guide our work daily -
-----------------------------------------------------------ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONDIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & ACCESSIBILITY
- Creating a community that is built upon genuine and meaningful relationships. GOLCS staff rate our commitment to students as the #1 reason they teach/work at our schools.
- Being surgical in our approach to differentiation of instruction and support for all students and team members. Our students receive daily tutoring embedded into their school schedule - facilitated by our AmeriCorps team members. Staff members receive individualized coaching and support in their roles.
- Setting and exceeding high expectations for academic growth and character development for all students, in preparation for success in college and beyond. Currently, the historical college matriculation rate for GOLCS is 79% - nearly twice the national average for economically underrepresented students.
GOLCS is committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. Furthermore, we believe that racial justice and equity is critical to our mission of preparing students for success in college and beyond. We strive to be an organization that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and elevates our student voices in preparing them for life and college. GOLCS VACCINATION POLICY & COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is committed to ensuring healthy and safe working and learning environments, and maintaining our educational commitment to GOLCS students and families - with minimal disruption to instruction. With this in mind, as of October 2021, Great Oaks Legacy requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Candidates who would like to apply for a reasonable accommodation from this policy based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief should reach out to HR@greatoakslegacy.org for more information. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Great Oaks Legacy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.