TEACHER - CAMPUS (CERTIFIED)/MATH INTERVENTIONIST - ESSERDate Posted:
Min $60.500JOB TITLE
: Math Interventionist REPORTS TO:
Principal WAGE/HOUR STATUS
: Exempt PAY GRADE:
Teacher Salary Scale PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Math Interventionist is responsible for supporting administrators and teachers in their efforts to prepare students for Academic Success.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement. QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate EC-4 or EC-6
- At least two years of successful teaching
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Good motivational skills with students and teachers
- Experience in teaching other teachers
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to exhibit flexibility.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical.
- Teach Concepts of Engineering to grades 3rd - 5th during Ancillary classes
- Assist with bridging the gap of math skills with students not meeting standards in 3rd-5th grade
- Assist with accelerating math instruction to GT and Above Grade-level students
- Collaborate with all math teachers, Math Coach, and Campus Coordinator to ensure all grade levels receive quality math instruction on a daily basis
- Ensure that students are learning math through literacy concept
- Monitor, track and upload student progress every 3 weeks.
- Other Duties as Assigned
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable. SPECIAL FUNDING:
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination, nonrenewal, or reassignment, as applicable.
Additionally, if full funding becomes unavailable, the employee may apply and be interviewed for vacant positions provided they meet the requirements for the position. FEDERAL TIME AND EFFORT REPORTING:
The Employee in this position is assigned 100% to the federal and state program responsibilities and duties stated in this job description.