PARAPROFESSIONAL - CAMPUS (CERTIFIED)/AIDE-TEACHER AIDEDate Posted:
Teacher Aide REPORTS TO:
Campus Principal WAGE/HOUR STATUS:
Non-Exempt PAY GRADE:
Para 1PRIMARY PURPOSE :
The Teacher Aide is responsible for assisting the teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements in accordance with the campus needs assessment and campus improvement plan.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self- performance and processes.QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution
- 48 hours of college coursework from an accredited college or university or:
- Pass Spring Independent School District's NCLB test in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire).
- Educational Aide II Certificate (or be willing to obtain).
- 1 yr. of experience working with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work well with children
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in both written and verbal use of English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignment.
- Facilitate learning with small groups of students.
- Facilitate instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom conducive to learning.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Help teacher maintain student records and prepare required reports.
- Report to work daily per your schedule approved by your supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following: ability to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment efficiently and
effectively with frequent interruptions and maintain emotional stress. Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.