PARAPROFESSIONAL - CAMPUS (CERTIFIED)/AIDE-SPECIAL EDUCATIONDate Posted:
CLARK PRIMARYDays: 210 Min: $ 19,403
Mid: $ 22,829
Special Education Aide- Elementary School REPORTS TO:
Campus Principal WAGE/HOUR STATUS:
Non-Exempt PAY GRADE:
Pay grade 2 PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Special Education Aide is responsible for assisting the teacher in the supervision and instruction of students with special needs.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support and demonstrate our core values, communicate in a clear and respectful manner and seek to continuously improve self-performance and processes.QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution
- 48 hours of college coursework from an accredited college or university or:
- Pass Spring Independent School District's NCLB test in the areas of Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (Tests are administered after the recommendation for hire).
- Educational Aide II Certificate (or be willing to obtain).
- 1 yr job related experience
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to understand students with special needs
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist teacher in preparation of instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist teacher in adapting classroom instruction to support and/or reinforce student objectives.
- Assist teacher in preparing/maintaining records/reports required by Federal, State or local laws/regulations.
- Assist teacher in maintaining order and discipline in classroom.
- Assist in individual and small group instruction.
- Participate in staff development and faculty meetings as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time sitting, moderate standing, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs. Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.