Position is a substitute para 6.5 hours per day , school year. Position is 1:1 with a student and is dependent upon the needs of the student. Experience with autistic children a plus. Position does not include benefits and will conclude at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
A. Candidate should hold an Associate's degree or 2 years of college diploma or its equivalent (i.e. Para Professional Assessment). Bachelor's degree preferred.
B. Candidate should demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain a good rapport with students and possess a personable relationship with teachers.
C. Consideration will be given to the following:
1. ability to carry out directions in both oral and written form.
2. various life/work experiences that contribute to the candidate's overall preparedness. Prior experience working with school age children is a plus.
REPORTS TO: Classroom Teacher and School Principal
SALARY: $22.09 per hour
The Special Service Paraprofessional will provide personal care/hygiene (i.e. lifting up to 50 pounds and toileting) and assists with medicine regimen. The paraprofessional also may provide a variety of instructional services and classroom support to staff and students. This includes carrying out teacher prepared lesson plans and supervising teacher-planned activities, assisting in the preparation of materials for instruction, and recording individual progress of students. This position exhibits a cooperative working relationship with teachers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Supporting Instruction 1. Tutoring/One-on-one instruction 2. Circulating in class
3. Helping group instruction
4. Modifying instructional materials
5. Assisting students with technology
6. Assisting students with tests and assessments
B. Documentation and Data
1. Observing and collecting data on students
2. Organizing - data, graphs
3. Recording student progress - including data
4. Taking classroom notes - contents, etc.
5. Taking attendance
C. Student Management
1. Provides personal care/hygiene (i.e. lifting and toileting)