Position at IDEA Public Schools
Role Mission: IDEA Academy Accelerated Reader Zone Facilitators instruct all students in grades 1-5 with the specific goal to increase student achievement in reading. The AR Zone facilitators set ambitious goals for student reading achievement and invest students, families, and staff in reaching them. AR Zone Facilitators are tasked with creating a powerful and inviting learning environment, tracking student progress toward goals and conducting daily analysis data to intervene with struggling students. Our AR Zone Facilitators seek excellence as educators and an IDEA team members. Together, they are responsible for ensuring that every IDEA student masters the academic and social skills necessary to succeed in college, while also embodying IDEA's core values every day.
What You'll Do -- Accountabilities
Culture & Student Management
- Motivate students to participate in reading activities, DEAR time (Drop Everything And Read), and testing in Accelerated Reader
- Continuously improve execution of student procedures to maximize learning time
- Frequently speak to students regarding their progress toward goals and current data
- Create a positive learning environment in line with IDEA culture
Silent Reading (DEAR time) & Data Management
- Actively "coach" and ensure that students are reading and testing on books within the appropriate ZPD level in Accelerated Reader to meet their individual reading goals; assist struggling students in selecting appropriate books that engage their interests and motivate them to read more
- Maintain a positive reading atmosphere and ensure students are reading and Accelerated Reader testing on a daily and weekly basis
- Interpret and manage online Accelerated Reader data generated by Renaissance Learning to monitor student reading progress toward goals
- Use data to track students' progress toward goals
- Proactively identify and solve problems that impede the maximization of student learning
- Communicate and collaborate with ELA teachers and school administrators about student progress
- Actively participate in staff development opportunities as a member of the IDEA team
- Maintain the Accelerated Reader library book collection throughout the year and accurately complete the end of year inventory.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
What You Bring -- Competencies
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year educational institution required
- Experience: 1+ year(s) of experience working with children in a classroom or volunteer setting required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to interpret, manage, and utilize multiple sets of data efficiently in order to best support students' progress in reading software
- Strong computer and technology skills, including an ability to troubleshoot.
- Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or implementation
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $15.50 for 0 years of experience and $19.50
- Hourly co-teachers earnings are paid out over a 12-month period
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com-muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report's top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.