Current CS&A candidates should not apply to these postings. Your Placement Team(s) will be in contact with relevant positions.
Carney, Sandoe & Associates, an educational recruitment firm, is currently seeking experienced and early-career Visual Arts Teachers to fill positions at the K-12 private and independent schools we work with across the country.
Our job placement service is free to job-seekers. By getting to know you personally -- beyond just your resume -- we provide you with customized, curated job opportunities that match your specific requirements (location, school type, position type, etc.) and skills, saving you the time of sorting through thousands of job postings.
Responsibilities of the Visual Arts Teacher
- Planning lessons on art and art history in accordance with students' learning objectives.
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Developing students' drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Providing instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
Visual Arts Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in studio art preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field.
List of Benefits:
Compensation and benefit packages are competitive but will differ by school and will typically depend on geographical location, experience, and level of degree. Benefit packages will include the following: Medical and 401K (TIAA-CREF) and may include dental, housing, relocation, tuition remission, and professional development.
Carney Sandoe does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, sex, race, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its services, consulting, events, professional development, or other programs.
Positions available throughout the United States and abroad including but not limited to:
Boston, New York City, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Baltimore, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Denver, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Hong Kong, Rome.