Current CS&A candidates should not apply to these postings. Your Placement Team(s) will be in contact with relevant positions.
Carney, Sandoe & Associates, an educational recruitment firm, is currently seeking experienced Biology Teachers to fill positions at the K-12 private and independent schools we work with across the country.
Our job placement service is free to job-seekers. By getting to know you personally -- beyond just your resume -- we provide you with customized, curated job opportunities that match your specific requirements (location, school type, position type, etc.) and skills, saving you the time of sorting through thousands of job postings.
Responsibilities of the Biology Teacher:
- Develop and implement a curriculum and lesson plans that will foster knowledge and skills essential to effectively teach students in the grade assigned.
- Create hands-on, inquiry-based, project-based lessons that build excitement for science.
- Demonstrate scientific concepts using models, technology, and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Evaluate each student’s progress in their scientific knowledge and skills.
- Communicate with parents to discuss the individual student’s progress.
Requirements of the Biology Teacher:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology REQUIRED (or extensive coursework in biology or related field)
- Minimum of 2 years of science teaching experience at the K-12 level
- Interest to contribute to school community outside of the classroom as an athletic coach, student advisor, student club leader, or otherwise
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
List of Benefits:
Compensation and benefit packages are competitive but will differ by school and will typically depend on geographical location, experience, and level of degree. Benefit packages will include the following: Medical and 401K (TIAA-CREF) and may include dental, housing, relocation, tuition remission, and professional development.
Carney Sandoe does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, sex, race, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its services, consulting, events, professional development, or other programs.
Positions available throughout the United States and abroad including but not limited to:
Boston, New York City, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Baltimore, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Denver, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Hong Kong, Rome.