Posting of VacancySpecial Education Teaching Assistant
Lawrence Junior High School2022-2023 School Year32.5 hours 10 monthsQUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma.
- Ability and desire to work with children with Special Needs.
- Ability to take direction from and work under the supervision of one or more teachers.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Work in small group and/or on a one-to-one basis with students as assigned by the teacher.
- Willingness to be trained in specific behavioral techniques.
- Attend in-service training sessions that pertain to special education.
- Work with and support students and teachers in classrooms.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the classroom teacher and/or the Principal.
In accordance with FEA Unit C contractApply by:
Internal Applicants please apply by 3/12/2022 until filled to:
#LAW TA23-1 Lori Duerr, Ed.D. Superintendent of SchoolsInternal POSTING START DATE: 03/03/2022
EOE: The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individual's race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.