JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING DATE: 03/11/2022
CLOSING DATE: 06/24/2022 05:00 PM
POSTING NUMBER: SS22 - HST26
LOCATION: Washington-Liberty HS
POSITION TITLE: Summer School - Functional Life Skills Teachers
JOB DESCRIPTION: Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. Orientation for all summer school staff will take place on July 1, 2022Program Dates:
July 5 - August 5, 2022Location:
Washington-Liberty High SchoolModel:
IN-PERSONSummer assignments will be staffed based on student needs.
Responsibilities Include :
- Plan, organize and implement appropriate lessons involving performance-based activities
- Plan and implement appropriate instruction in the areas of motor skills, language, self-help skills, personal independence skills, community-participation/independence skills and social development
- Collaborate with school staff and families
- Instruct and assist with physical and personal needs of students with various disabilities by:
- Providing physical assistance to students for mobility
- Lifting and /or transferring students
- Assisting students with bathroom needs, including changing diapers
- Feeding and /or assisting students with eating
- Experience working with students with moderate to severe disabilities, including physical disabilities, autism and intellectual disabilities
- Experience with or knowledge of "community-based" education activities
Preferred Qualifications :
- Hold Virginia license in Special Education
- Knowledge of best practices for students with moderate to severe disabilities
- Knowledge of the academic, social and emotional needs of students with moderate to severe disabilities
You must submit an online summer school application to apply for a position. Follow these steps to apply to more than one position.
1. Log into your application.
2. Click on the Start Application button.
3. Click on the Continue button at the bottom of each page until you get to the Employment Openings page of the application.
4. Click the Add Job button.
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the list.
6. Click on either the Continue or Add Another to add a different position
7. Click the Agreement section on the left next to the Red box.
8. Enter Yes if you agree to the Applicant's Authorization Statement then click Continue at the bottom of the page.
9. Click the Submit button on the left.
10. Click the Submit Application to finish applying for an APS position(s).
Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in the School Board Policy G-2.30, that employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, and/or disability.
Candidates should contact the Special Education Office at 703-228-6040
Summer School Teachers who are APS employees during the year will be paid the Non-VRS equivalant rate - hourly rate or $32.50/hr., whichever is higher. (Please note Salary earned relative to summer school employment will not be included in the employee's creditable compensation amount reported to the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).) Retired APS teachers will be paid $47.73 per hour per APS pay plan. Non-APS licensed summer school teachers will be paid $32.50 per hour. If you resign effective the last day of the school year, you will receive a flat rate of $32.50 per hour for teachers. Pay Plan 21/22 SY (Page 50)