Located in Flint, MI, Linden Charter Academy was recognized by Character.org for fostering exceptional character. Opening our doors in 1999 and serving students K-8, we create endless opportunities for our students to become their best. We inspire our students to excel academically and think creatively to reach their full potential. Our dedicated teachers help students apply critical-thinking skills to solve real-world problems. We build kids of character through our moral focus program. As a result, students are prepared to tackle 21st century challenges and excel in high school, college, and beyond.
For more information on Linden Charter Academy click http://www.lindencharteracademy.org.
Teacher in Residence (TIR) is a great way to bring your passion for being a teacher to our school! We are looking to pro-actively hire talented teachers for the upcoming school year before classroom openings become available. As the school starts to map out the classroom schedule for the upcoming school year, TIRs will be assigned a specific classroom and will work with their school leadership and other teachers in the same grade level to best prepare for the school year.
- You can make a difference by directly impacting the life of a student.
- You will receive regular coaching and development opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- You will have access to resources, including support from our curriculum and instruction team, credentialing team, and the school leadership team.
- Benefit eligibility dependent on full- or part-time status: medical, dental, vison, company-matched retirement plan and tuition reimbursement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare to assume responsibility of a classroom teacher when a vacancy becomes available.
- Create, manage, and participate in a variety of professional development and orientation activities.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with fellow grade-level teachers to achieve the goals and objectives of the school.
- Must hold a valid teacher license or meet alternative requirements in the state you are applying.
COMPANY INFORMATION :
National Heritage Academies (NHA) partners with communities to build and operate public charter schools. Founded in 1995, today NHA has over 100 schools in nine states, serving more than 60,000 students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Our schools are designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in college, career, and life. In fact, a majority of our schools consistently outperform their local district on the state test. According to the Center for Research Outcomes at Stanford University, NHA is a leading performer among charter schools and management organizations, outperforming both conventional district schools and other charter school operators. In addition, according to our employee survey, over 90% of respondents agree that the work they do is meaningful to them. Join us. Together we impact a life.
To learn more about our core values, please click here.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.