Hamilton County Schools, located in Chattanooga, TN, is the fastest improved school district in the state of Tennessee. Our mission is to create pathways to bright futures for all
students in our community by helping to equip them with the skills, knowledge and supports required to realize their full potential.
We do this by focusing on five action areas in our strategic plan, Future Ready 2023:
- Accelerating Student Achievement
- Future Ready Students
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Engaged Community
- Efficient and Effective Operations
We are committed to excellence for every student and are seeking outstanding teachers with the ability to inspire, engage, and who desire to make a difference in the lives of students. With nearly 80 schools located in urban, rural, and suburban communities, we are confident that you can find your place in Hamilton County.
The Architecture and Construction career cluster prepares learners for careers in designing, planning, managing, building and maintaining the building environment.The Construction Career Center prepares learners for careers in all construction trades. ResponsibilitiesPlan, deliver and assess effective instruction
that is tightly aligned with State standards.
Classroom Management & Relationships
- Designs lessons based on best practices with clear learning targets and measurable goals aligned with State standards and/or unit outcomes. Frequently plans collaboratively with colleagues.
- Conveys high expectations while using multiple effective strategies, materials, and classroom practices that involve and motivate students while differentiating instruction to meet students' needs.
- Uses colleagues and own self-reflection on instructional practice to continually improve instruction.
Family & Community:
- Fosters a well-structured and engaging learning environment by utilizing effective classroom procedures and routines while showing caring, respect, and fairness for all students.
- Consistently develops strong relationships with students' families while diligently informing parents of expectations, positive news, and/or concerns about their children.
- Provides opportunities for parents to be involved in their children's learning.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders in order to improve teaching & learning.
- Reflects on own instruction and leadership while contributing ideas, expertise, and time to the mission and goals of the school.
- Graduate from a one-year diploma program in building and construction OR an Associate's degree in construction
- Three years experience OR ten years of experience in the construction field.
- Endorsements in one or more of the following areas:
(501) Air Conditioning, (502) Heating, (522) Carpentry , (523) Electricity, (527) Plumbing, (532) Industrial Electronics, (567) Refrigeration (575) Millwork & Cabinet Making , (580) Construction Maintenance Trades , (592) Building Maintenance Services, (598) HVACR, (701) Electrical, (703) Plumbing, (706) Carpentry, (707) HVACSkills/Qualifications:
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal effectively with students, educators, parents, and community members.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills.
Salary is based on a combination of relevant education and experience.Salary ScaleThis position may be eligible for an increase in total compensation. The 2021-2022 Differentiated Compensation Plan applies to designated schools and hard-to-staff positions under the 2021-2022 Differentiated Compensation Plan. Please see https://www.hcde.org/staff/human_resources/differentiated_compensation for more details.