Work. With Purpose
Ombudsman, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction. If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor - and a stellar work ethic - we should talk. Position Summary:
The Educational aide will work in collaboration with the Teachers, as well as the Program Director to support and assist with progress monitoring, one to one instruction, and small group instruction with students. The position operates with general direction from the school leadership team and functions as an integral part of the Ombudsman instructional team.Position Details:
Join the Ombudsman Educational Services Family!
- Assist classroom teachers in creating an atmosphere in which students feel safe, welcomed, and high expectations of student learning are evidence
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of computers and platforms to ensure fidelity of instruction
- Utilize instructional strategies to assist with student learning and help students meet requirements for student course completion
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students in accordance with specific timelines and communicate with the classroom teacher overall progress or interventions needed
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and including course completion progress, ensure students have appropriate course syllabus for assigned courses
- Manage student behavior in the labs and classrooms by upholding the Ombudsman philosophy and policies, and apply appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary, work collaboratively with classroom teacher to ensure consistency
- Support students, counsel students with academic issues and provide encouragement to students
- Participate in school meetings, student/parent meetings, and individual student advisory meetings as requested and required
- Regularly communicate necessary information to students, team members, supervisors, and parents regarding students' needs and academic progress in collaboration with classroom teacher and Principal
- Participate in the assurance and accreditation process to ensure that the site passes or meets performance plans
- Participate in all school and district professional development days
- Respond constructively to formal and informal feedback
- Work collaboratively with other staff for the good of the school
https://youtu.be/qFHz4PDCk8kThe ChanceLight Story.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)