Vanguard Middle/High SchoolDate Posted:
The Vanguard School
Full-time, 10 Month Work Schedule
Monday to Friday, 7:45AM to 3:30PM Reports To
Program Supervisor Position Summary $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS for Aides starting this school year (2021-22)! If you love working with children with special needs, work with us!
We are looking for a patient, caring individuals with experience
working in a special education classroom to join our team for the 2020-2021 School Year! The Classroom Aide supports a certified teacher with preparing instructional materials, implementing lesson plans, reinforcing instruction/tutoring, monitoring student behavior, and documenting student progress throughout the school day. Benefits include
: paid health and dental insurance (single coverage); 4 paid personal and 10 paid sick days per year; a 9% employer contribution to our Retirement Plan, and opportunities for professional development. Tuition reimbursement of up to $2000 in the first year is available for college courses in special education. Safety care training is provided. Salary Rate:
Starting at $17.00 per hour
. This is a school year position working late August to June and pay is spread out over 12 months (September to August). Summer work is available for additional compensation. Position Requirements
- Two years of college or high school graduate with two years' experience working with children ages 5 to 12 with special needs in an organized setting.
- Paraeducator training and/or experience working with children with behavioral needs is preferred.
- Ability to engage intellectually and physically in all components of the educational process.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all constituents (administrators, colleagues, students, parents, and others).
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.