2022-2023 School Counselor- Elementary (K-5) Candidate Pool (In-Person Learning)
Atlanta Public Schools
130 Trinity Avenue
Atlanta , GA 30303
Certified - Position - SCHOOL COUNSELING Job Number :
4600241918 Start Date : Open Date :
12/17/2021 Closing Date :
provides counseling services to students, teachers, parents, and others regarding personal, academic, and career issues. The counselor also ensures guidance and counseling programs are implemented and that students and community members are effectively supported. RESPONSIBILITIES
Requirements : CERTIFICATION:
- Counsels individuals and groups by listening, identifying problems, and discussing solutions.
- Provides advice on course selection, personal issues, post secondary selections, and career needs.
- Develops various community programs, including drug free school programs and career activities.
- Assists with standardized testing and student placement.
- Consults with staff and parents about problems, concerns, and any other issues involving students.
- Coordinates with school staff to develop plans for evaluating and improving schools.
- Administers and/or supports the state and local standardized testing processes and policies.
- Conducts classroom guidance activities and evaluates the effectiveness of the programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
S5- S7 Georgia Professional Standards Commission Certification in School Counseling EDUCATION:
Master's degree is requiredEXPERIENCE:
2-3 years of related experience required Compensation :
Salary Grade: Enter Salary Grade Title
Salary Range: FY'22 APS Salary Schedule (All Positions)
Work Year: 211 FLSA Status :
Exempt Employment Category :
Certified Reports to: :