INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT TEACHER (KINDERGARTEN)QUALIFICATIONS:
- Early Childhood Associate's Degree or
- Associate's Degree or 60 College Credit Hours or
- High School Diploma/GED and Verification of Work-Keys Scores
**Completion of an early childhood training program includes the child Development Associate (CDA), National/State Director's Credential, Montessori Credential, and the MDE's early childhood training program.REPORTS TO:
Students as assigned by the teacher JOB SUMMARY:
The basic function of this position is to assist in providing a well-organized and smoothly
functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Works cooperatively with the classroom teacher in the instructional planning process.
- Assists, as directed, in improving students' basic skills in all academic areas.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a successful instructional program.
- Assists students by interpreting directions.
- Assists students with additional instruction.
- Assists/monitors students in small group sessions.
- Conducts small group lessons as prescribed by the classroom teacher and with said teacher's oversight and coaching
- Assists students with make-up work.
- Reads to students as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Monitors students and assists with classroom management.
- Monitors and assists students in non-classroom times
- Helps maintain an attractive and clean learning environment.
- Assists classroom teacher with room arrangements such as learning centers.
- Works harmoniously with administration, staff, students and parents.
- Operates within the school district's policies and procedures.
- Assists with student supervision on field trips.
- Assists, as directed, in performing some clerical responsibilities handled or assigned by the classroom teacher.
- Follows the district's policy on overtime and the requirements of the Wage and Hour Act.
- Follows the district's fixed asset policy.
- Attends and actively participates in required professional development programs.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- Assists in the fostering and promotion of a positive school climate.
- Maintains a professional demeanor during all interactions between colleagues, parents, students and administration.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.