VACANCY NOTICE Instructional Assistant- Bilingual ASL
Opens: January 14, 2022
Closes: Open until filled General Information
Willamette Education Service District is accepting applications for a part-time (35 hours per week) Instructional Assistant position; bilingual American Sign Language required. Successful candidate will work as a member of the Special Education Department and will follow a 187-day calendar. This position will be based at the Willamette ESD Early Childhood Center in Salem, OR and will begin February 14, 2022. Duties, Responsibilities & Qualifications
Please review the job description for specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position. Salary and Benefits
- This is a part-time (.875 FTE) Classified position represented by the Oregon School Employees Association.
- Placement on the Willamette ESD Classified Salary Schedule Range 12, Step 1-6; ($17.16-$21.99 per hour) will be commensurate with applicant's qualifications, relevant training and exp erience.
- Willamette ESD supports payment for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for eligible employees. Employer-paid PERS, holidays, sick leave, and personal days are also provided to eligible employees. To view a summary of benefits, please click here .
- Applications must be submitted online at https://willamette.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
- Applicants must submit a completed application with a resume, two letters of reference and a letter of introduction. Applications missing any of these items are considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- Copies of transcripts and license(s) must be uploaded to the application for all licensed positions. Successful applicants to Licensed positions will be required to provide official transcripts to Human Resources before completion of the hiring process.
- If you require assistance with the application or interview process due to a disability, please call Director of Human Resources at (503) 385-4752. Alternate formats are available upon request.
In accordance with Willamette Education Service District's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known safety hazards, all Willamette Education Service District staff, contractors, volunteers and substitutes are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exceptions may be made only for eligible medical conditions or a sincerely held religious belief.
This is intended to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Human Resources Director at 503-385-4752 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the ESD for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900 or 711.
The Willamette Education Service District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting with their completed application a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension as verification of eligibility. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214/215.