Primary Function: Assures the efficient operation of the assigned office in a friendly and professional manner. Performs the functions for the Chief Financial Officer in directing the financial and business affairs of the school system with the responsibility for coordinating accounting, budgeting, auditing, payroll, record management, cash management, and filing claims for reimbursement.
- Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance.
- Demonstrates professionalism by reporting to work and assigned duties on time.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of computer applications as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Act in a professional manner and maintains a professional attitude towards the public and colleagues; adheres to cultural diversity guidelines, and exhibits the fundamentals of good public/customer service.
- Complies with school system, state and federal regulations and policies, including the PSC Code of Ethics, as related to job requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and material; adheres to chain of command.
- Maintains a professional appearance as outlined by local BOE policy.
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skills to promote proficiency in the operations of an organized, modern, updated and efficient school.
- Participates in professional organizations, workshops, and staff development activities and applies what is learned to the job; accepts new challenges in a professional manner.
- Shows initiative and assumes responsibility for all aspects of job responsibilities; performs routine duties and tasks with little or no direct supervision.
- Exhibits time on task and a flexible, cooperative, progressive and hard working attitude and style.
- Monitors compliance with policies and laws concerning areas of responsibility.
Coordinator of Finance:
14. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in spreadsheet applications as applicable to job responsibilities.
15. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in database applications as applicable to job responsibilities.
16. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of internet and e-mail as applicable to job responsibilities.
17. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of other computer applications as applicable to job responsibilities.
18. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of office machinery as applicable to job responsibilities. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the development, revision, and production of documents, reports, forms, and materials.
19. Directs the maintenance and management of files, records, materials in an appropriate, accessible and current manner, including records necessary for reporting and accountability.
20. Transmits required state and federal reports in a timely manner.
21. Keeps abreast of changes in governmental accounting.
22. Supervises the collection, safekeeping and distribution of all funds.
23. Directs the application of proper financial procedures for local schools and central office personnel.
24. Reports major deviations from the approved budget to the Chief Financial Officer and acts as advisor to the Chief Financial Officer on school budget and all business financial questions.
25. Develops the procedures for formulation of school system budgets. Directs budget management, including coordinating, preparing fiscal reports. Submits monthly financial report to the Chief Financial Officer.
26. Compiles necessary statistical data for preparation of the annual school system budget and direct the development of school budgets.
27. Directs the reporting of financial services’ data to all appropriate users. Submits financial reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
28. Directs the auditing of school districts assets, including operational audits.
29. Directs the processing, reporting, and distribution of payroll.
30. Manages the investment of the school district funds.
31. Encourages and facilitates communications among divisions, departments, and schools.
32. Audits the Student Activity accounts from each school.
33. Reconciles bank statements in a timely manner.
34. Maintains documentation and posts all budget transfers and adjustments.
35. Balances and closes financial periods and adds new funds and accounts.
36. Completes and files required IRS reports.
37. Coordinates and completes federal program draw-downs, balancing funds with consolidating, and timely completion report submissions.