TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months (230 days)
SALARY: Based on Bulloch County Schools salary/supplement schedule
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Superintendent or designee
JOB CODE: TBD
The school principal is responsible for leading teachers and support staff, setting goals and ensuring students meet their learning objectives. As principal, this position will oversee the day-to-day operations as well as future planning for the school.
- A minimum of three years of successful leadership experience.
- Hold or is eligible to hold, clear renewable Georgia Tier 2 leadership certificate.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function of the position. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations will be provided to afford persons with disabilities an opportunity to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to provide a criminal background check with results that adhere to Bulloch County Board of Education Policy GAK(1).
- Experience as an AP and/or Principal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fosters the success of all students by facilitating the development, communication, implementation and evaluation of a shared vision of teaching and learning that leads to school improvement.
- Promotes the success of all students by developing, advocating and sustaining an academically rigorous, positive and safe school climate for all stakeholders.
- Gathers, analyzes and uses a variety of data to inform planning and decision-making consistent with established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Fosters the success of all students by supporting, managing and overseeing the school’s organization, operation and use of resources.
- Fosters effective human resources management through the selection, induction, support and retention of quality instructional and support personnel.
- Evaluates (fairly and consistently) school personnel in accordance with state and district guidelines and provides them with timely and constructive feedback focused on improved student learning.
- Fosters the success of students by demonstrating professional standards and ethics, engaging in continuous professional development and contributing to the profession.
- Fosters the success of all students by communicating and collaborating effectively with stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of force greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated light work.
- Interaction with Others: Ability to maintain, on a regular and consistent basis, relationships that are characterized by high expectations, teamwork, and collaboration. Ability to be flexible relative to daily routines. Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the differences among diverse populations.
- Concentration: Ability to maintain workflow and thought processes in the presence of frequent distractions. Ability to ignore irrelevant sights or sounds and intrusive thoughts or stimuli. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with only few or no errors.
- Stressful Circumstances: Ability to produce quality work when short or unexpected deadlines are presented. Ability to adjust work processes without incident when new and unexpected directions are given relative to a project that may be in process. Ability to maintain composure and not compound a situation when interacting with persons who may be angry, demanding or otherwise less than polite.
- Independent Judgment: Ability to complete work tasks without being given precise directions relative to work steps or the final project.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to establish priorities, simultaneously manage multiple tasks; and deliver a quality work product by a designated deadline.
- Public Contact: Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with superiors, colleagues, parents, and other individuals within and external to the school system. Ability to demonstrate professionalism while interacting with others and to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Attendance and Dependability: Ability to report to work at the scheduled time and to seldom be absent from work. Demonstrate prompt and regular work attendance. Process appropriate paperwork to authorize absences in accordance with school system procedures. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate manner and to be conscientious about work performance.
Performance will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent or designated supervisor in accordance with Policy GBI - Evaluation of Personnel.
Job descriptions are designed and intended only to summarize the essential duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and requirements for the purpose of clarifying the general nature and scope of a position's role. Job descriptions do not list all tasks an employee might be expected to perform.