Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!The Person:
In pursuit of this goal, we are looking for a DBA to join our technical team as we move from being a tech-enabled service to a tech product company. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems and providing excellent technical solutions. If you are passionate about joining a mission-driven, education technology company and creating the future of EdTech, then this role is for you! The Job:
Data administrators perform some or all of the following duties:
What You Will Need:
- Maintain uptime of the Production and non-prod Databases
- Coordinate with Dev team on deployment of changes to the database
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models.
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security.
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data.
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data.
- Write scripts related to stored procedures, triggers and other DB objects.
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects.
- Prepare data dictionary of all DB objects.
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems.
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools.
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis.
- May lead, co-ordinate, mentor or supervise other workers in this group in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.
- Help Dev team in identifying worst performing queries and finetune them.
Be Part Of Our Story:
- Experience in SQL Server for about 5 - 8 years as database administrator.
- A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science or in mathematics or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Computer programming experience is usually required.
- Proven ability to triage / investigate issues and determination of root cause.
- Experience in AWS RDS for MSSQL is good to have.
- A certification in MS SQL server by Microsoft is good to have.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Shift timings (12noon-9pm)
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.