Position at SESI Schools
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom due to a variety of intensive special needs. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI).
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performs a child study assessments including an appraisal of the student's current status regarding instructional implications.
- Performs diagnostic testing to determine students needs.
- Determines student's particular strengths and weaknesses as a learner.
- Serves as member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Works with both school personnel and parents to develop specific interventions on behalf of student.
- Interprets assessments/results and generates reports for feedback to parents and school personnel.
- Advises teachers and other school personnel on methods to enhance students abilities.
- Works as a referral agent linking students and families when appropriate with "outside" agencies to service their needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Must be a licensed social worker with at least two years experience in field. Must have thorough knowledge of testing and evaluation techniques and competent in assessment procedures and interpretation of the results.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must have demonstrated ability to communicate with students, families and school personnel. Excellent time management, organizational, verbal and written communications skills are essential. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude toward internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face . The company's team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions - Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled