Propel is seeking an experienced Paraprofessional to join its Braddock Hills High School immediately. You will play an important role in providing our scholars with the academic, behavioral and social emotional support they need. You will support scholars in large and small groups and/or provide individualized academic and behavior reinforcement inside the regular classroom and/or through pull-out. You will also assist the teachers in preparing curriculum materials, collecting and reporting student data and assisting students follow school-wide academic and behavioral expectations.
If you are resilient, hard-working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools.Successful candidates will have:
- An Associate Degree or at least 48 college credits;
- Education related Field or Work Experience;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a non-traditional, Urban education environment;
- A positive, high-energy attitude;
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with students;
- High level of personal organization and planning;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills;
- Willingness to participate in ongoing Professional Development;
- A commitment to the Promising Principles of Propel.
- Must be able to walk around the classroom at least 75% of the time while engaging with scholars.
- The person in this position constantly operates a computer and other technology in the classroom to support instruction.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with various internal and external stakeholders regarding curriculum, instruction and assessment. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- When deemed age and/or developmentally appropriate, assist students in daily personal tasks (i.e.-tying shoes, assisting with coats, escorting to busses, and etc.)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.Organizational Overview
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars. Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area's premier education organizations.