Non Instructional - All Titles/Sr Res AsstDate Posted:
Research Eval. & Testing - 432NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, SUPERINTENDENTSENIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT - TEMPORARY OFFICE OF POLICY, PLANNING, EVALUATION AND TESTING (Pending availability of funds and Board of Education Approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Senior Research Assistant - Temporary within the Office of Policy, Planning, Evaluation and Testing.
This title is governed by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission (NJCSC). Note that the exam application period for this title has opened and closed. If a candidate is hired for this position, the candidate's appointment will be temporary pending the issuance of the NJCSC Certification List for this title. DEFINITION
Under direction conducts intensive investigation, analysis, research, and statistical studies of considerable scope and complexity directed towards the development of new or fuller knowledge of the subject matter under study; may also take the lead over a small research unit; does other related duties as required. NOTE:
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Two (2) years of experience in conducting research and statistical studies.
3. Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position. NOTE
: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience on a year-for-year basis with thirty (30) semester hour credits being equal to one year of experience. RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs the work involved to conduct research and statistical studies.
2. Conducts surveys, researches literature and analyzes raw data.
3. Participates in research conferences, meetings, and other activities to develop resources concerning research and statistics.
4. Keeps abreast of research projects, studies, publications, developments, and trends.
5. Performs statistical analyses with methods commonly used in the development of statistical and research data.
6. Conducts searches, reads and prepares critical analyses, summaries, and reviews of literature concerned with the subject matter.
7. Prepares reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
8. Maintains records and files.
9. Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units. KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of methods used to gather and analyze data.
2. Knowledge of survey and data collections techniques.
3. Ability to gather and analyze raw data and present it in meaningful and comprehensive reports.
4. Ability to conduct research studies.
5. Ability to prepare reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
6. Ability to establish and maintain files.
7. Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
8. Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered acceptable forms of communication.
9. Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodations cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible. REPORTS TO
Department Head SALARY, TERMS & AFFILIATION
HOW TO APPLY
- Salary Range: $66,358 - $81,386
- Employment Period: Twelve (12) Month
- Union Affiliation: Local 617
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications. OPENING AND CLOSING DATES
Opening Date: March 31, 2021
Closing Date: April 14, 2021 or Until FilledTHE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER