This position is swing shift 3:30pm-7:30pm - 4hrs/12mo. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
This 12 month position is part of the AFT bargaining unit. PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The purpose of this position is to perform cleaning duties in assigned areas to assure clean and sanitary conditions in a building. Performs minor maintenance and repairs and checks security of building. Performs outside grounds clean-up as a primary function of the job. The essential job duties are as follows:
- • Maintains assigned areas of responsibility in a clean and sanitary condition.
- • Helps set up, clean and fold cafeteria tables.
- • Sweeps, mops, strips, and polishes floors; vacuums and spot cleans carpets; empties wastebaskets into dumpsters; cleans and empties trash cans; dusts and cleans working surfaces, walls, cabinets, furniture, fixtures, etc.; cleans and sanitizes rest rooms and kitchen including sinks, ovens, refrigerators, toilets, stalls, and dispensers; restocks supplies as needed.
- • Replaces light bulbs and makes minor repairs to building.
- • Washes windows and mirrors; sweeps sidewalks, stairs, and areas outside of building.
- • Sets up tables and chairs; moves packages; cleans premises.
- • Assures security of assigned areas and reports unusual occurrences to the head custodian or the security department as appropriate.
- • Reports building and equipment conditions and failures requiring repair or preventive maintenance.
- • Maintains custodial supply rooms and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Assists in monitoring and set-ups for community use activities.
- • Maintains a work environment that supports best resource conservation practices.
- • Moves supplies, furniture, and equipment as requested.
- • Maintains inventory of cleaning and restroom supplies.
- • Replaces the head/assistant head custodian during absences and performs the required duties of the position.
- • Serves as member of the building operations team of the building; performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position as assigned.
The daily work is performed both inside and outside the buildings and requires the use of ladders, machines, and equipment, such as scrubbers/buffers, wet-vacs, extractor, and related equipment. The work requires walking between two and six miles a day and working on slippery surfaces at various times of the years. The work is of a manual nature and requires the ability to walk, bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand for long periods, twist, reach, push and pull, use far and near visual acuity, and lift weights from ten to fifty or more pounds to shoulder height. Weights over fifty pounds are lifted with proper safety equipment. Vacuuming requires the use of a backpack vacuum weighing eleven pounds when empty and sixteen pounds when full. The work exposes the employee to cleaning chemicals, fumes, and dust. Work requires adherence to established dress guidelines, which includes provisions for safety. Some positions may perform work on a graveyard shift. An employee may be required to work other shifts on short notice. All positions are required to work a day shift or modified shift to support team cleaning and resource conservation measures during non-school cleaning periods. Regular attendance is required. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from high school (or equivalent) and some building custodial experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that would provide the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work.
- • Knowledge of general cleaning and maintenance of buildings including spot cleaning carpets, mopping and waxing floors, and sanitizing kitchen and restrooms.
- • Knowledge of and ability to use commercial janitorial machines and power equipment, and chemicals used in cleaning.
- • Ability to clean building according to established standards of sanitation.
- • Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees and students.
All positions close at 4:30 PM on the listed closing date.