The Trio Talent Search program, sponsored by the Department of Education through a five-year federal grant, provides tutoring support to CPS high school students during or after school hours. This part-time/temporary tutor position will be scheduled to work approximately 15-20 hours/week, depending upon program needs..The Part-time/Temporary Trio Talent Search Tutor will be responsible for duties including but not limited to the following:
In order to be successful and achieve the above responsibilities, the Part-Time/Temporary Trio Talent Search Tutor must possess the following qualifications: Education required:
- Work with school Math, English or other subject teachers and Trio Talent Search staff to tutor high school and elementary students and evaluate tutoring services
- Provide academic tutoring support to students in areas including Math, English, or other HS subjects
- Assist with collection of program data for monitoring and evaluation
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university is required. Focus in English or Math, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing youth mentoring/tutoring services, preferably working with older youth in underserved communities;
- Experience in Chicago and knowledge of Pullman or far Chicago southside communities preferred.
Conditions of Employment
- Computer skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive tools
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships in schools and the community on behalf of older youth
As a condition of employment with the Chicago Public Schools (CPS), employees are required to:
- Be Fully Vaccinated or Submit to Weekly COVID-19 Testing -Employees are required to be fully vaccinated within 30 days of their hire date. Full vaccination is defined as at least two weeks after your second shot of a two-shot vaccination course, or at least two weeks after a one-shot vaccination course. Unvaccinated staff must submit to weekly testing.